C Library to use registry-based configuration in Samba 3.3

Frédéric Sagnes speedup+samba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:41:04 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm now using Samba 3.1 with an smb.conf config file. I just saw the new
Samba 3.3.0 version is out, and with it an impressive changeset when it
comes to modularity and third-party integration.

What caught my eye was the new registry-based configuration scheme. I wonder
if there's a way to switch to that kind of configuration and use C client
libraries to locally read/set live configuration values instead of using the
command-line "net" utility. Is that possible?

Thank you for your help and for your hard work improving Samba!

Frédéric Sagnes