[Samba] Samba 4--are multiple domain administrators possible?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:47:12 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:19 AM,  <kb9vqf at pearsoncomputing.net> wrote:
> I tried granting the user admin privileges via the Windows XP domain user
> management console (after adding them to the "Domain Admins" group), but
> this had no effect.
>
> Do I have to do something permissions-wise on the Linux end?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Timothy Pearson

I followup to the technical lists because this is for a not released
samba version.

I confirm this behaviour, I have just added a user to the domain
admins group and cannot manage the AD under this user,

C:\>whoami
THUIS\testuser1

C:\>dsget user "cn=testuser1,ou=testou,dc=thuis,dc=lan" -memberof
"CN=Remote Desktop Users,CN=Builtin,DC=thuis,DC=lan"
"CN=tstnested,OU=testou,DC=thuis,DC=lan"
"CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=thuis,DC=lan"
"CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=thuis,DC=lan"

C:\>dsadd user "cn=testuser11,ou=testou,dc=thuis,dc=lan" -fn test -ln user11 -di
splay testuser11 -samid testuser11
dsadd failed:cn=testuser11,ou=testou,dc=thuis,dc=lan:Toegang geweigerd.
type dsadd /? for help.

'toegang geweigerd' is Dutch for 'permission denied'.

--
groeten,
N.Asenjo