[SAMBA4] net commands hierarchy?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Dec 31 08:40:34 MST 2009

As you might have seen I've migrated some of the standalone utilities in
setup/ to the net command. They're still implemented in Python but are
now run from the net command.

It might be useful to add subcommands in net to avoid the top-level
command list from becoming too long and making it hard to find things,
similar to what samba 3 and windows have.

The new commands are:

	setexpiry	Set the expiration of a user account.
	pwsettings	Sets password settings.
	domainlevel	Raises domain and forest function levels.
	enableaccount	Enable an account.
	setpassword	Change the password of a user.
	newuser		Create a new user.

I think except for domainlevel and pwsettings that these should probably
be integrated as "net user <command>". Is that sensible?

Cheers,

Jelmer