Patch for supported encoding

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 18 18:13:50 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 01:05 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 19/12/2009 00:05, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 18:04 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Please find attach a patch that try to reintroduced a good default value
> >> for default encoding (my change was overwritten by tridge in september).
> >>
> > Can you give the commit it was overwritten by?
> >
> > The next step is to honour this stuff in the KDC
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >

> commit c94e3ff0

Given that, the only way to get your change back in is to have a torture
test that passes against Windows 2008R2, and to work with tridge to
determine the situation he originally needed this for.  The test should
handle the case before we set the supported encryption types, then
setting it and checking it changes from that value.

These changes were made to get the bidirectional vampire code working,
so we should not revert things lightly.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.