Disabling Roaming Profile Support Removes Logon (Home) Drive

adam.tompkins atompkins at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 18 13:47:21 MST 2009

This is my first attempt at setting up a PDC (Ubuntu Server 9.10 + Samba
3.4.3). I'm keeping it simple - no AD support or LDAP just a basic NT4
domain.

I have everything configured and working well - I can join Windows clients
to the domain and access shares etc.  However I realized that roaming
profiles were enabled, which I don't want, so I modifed the config to set
logon home =  and logon path = .  As expected, it stopped the roaming
profiles but it also removed the logon (home) drive which had worked
previously.

Is there any way to disable roaming profiles but keep the logon drive?

 logon script = logon.cmd
 logon path =
 logon drive = H:
 logon home =