Is there a Memory Leak in Samba 3.4.3?

diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 17 18:49:20 MST 2009

> In the meantime you can set:
>
> "max open files = 16404"

Is this some magic number that just happens to fix it due to the bug? I had tried setting it to 10000, 50000 then 100000 and it still did not work. It showed a similar behavior as what is stated in the bugzilla, increasing the limit just made it take a bit longer to fail loading the roaming profile, but in the end it failed.

While trying to login and load the roaming profile I also noticed that running:
smbstatus -u $UID
with samba 3.4.3 during the attempts to load the profile would show a very large number of locked files, which is not the case with 3.3.9.

Thank you for the information, I will hold on for 3.4.4 or the 3.5 release.

Diego