Samba4 Alpha 10

Torsten Kurbad samba-technical at tk-webart.de
Tue Dec 15 09:12:09 MST 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:28:43 +1100, Andrew Bartlett
<abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>The 'master' branch contains the current development efforts for all of
>Samba, and it is there that I would recommend testing Franky (as there
>it is at least possible to address any Samba4 issues that come up).

Thank you for pointing this out, Andrew.

On a side note, I now successfully set up a samba-libs ebuild for the
git 'master' branch, which builds all necessary libraries for Franky by
using external talloc 2.0.0 and tdb 1.2.0.
I still have to check, whether Bug #6952 is still relevant, i.e. if the
internal talloc.h might be picked up during the build, while linking
against the external libraries.

Best regards,
Torsten
--