Patch for supporting controls in ldbadd/ldbmodify and ldbdel

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Dec 15 07:09:15 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 18:08 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please find attached 2 patches for really supporting controls in
> ldbadd/ldbmodify and ldbdel as before the controls where not transmitted
> to ldb_xxx
>
> I put also some unitest to check that when controls are specified they
> are really sent to the ldb_xx core function.
>
> Please note that although that controls are less used for this functions
> than for ldbsearch there is always some cases when it can be intresting
> to have them (ie. when trying to reproduce a bug triggered by control
> use ...).

Mathieu, I am not opposed to adding the capability of specifying control
to ldbadd and friends, but I don't want to expand the public API of ldb.

Nadezhda,
Mathieu made me aware you recently add ldb_modify_ctrl to common/ldb.c,
can you please revert it ?
Any new funtion in ldb need maintenance in the long range, and we
already have ldb_request + ldb_build_mod_req that can provide all you
need.

You can easily build a wrapper around them, and even make it available
to the whole samba4 code, but let's try to keep ldb's public interface
down to the minimum necessary without adding more public functions than
needed.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce