FRS / DFS replication

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Dec 9 02:32:39 MST 2009

Matthieu Patou schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> With all your job on DRS it's likely that sooner or latter we will want
> to have DFS working and in order to allow files to be the same on all
> the domain controller.
> That leads to two protocol that MS product use to do so:
> * FRS file replication protocol (from w2k)
> * DFS replication
>

> I think it will be a great plus for samba to support either DFS and/or
> FRS, although in the simple scheme of just s4 server it can be replaced
> by some clever inotify script + rsync (and also maybe in Windows as
> well)  it will be needed for mixed windows/samba domain to support at
> least one of the protocol.
>
> As it seems that tridge wants to keep some compatibility with w2k I am
> wondering how far he wants to keep the compatibility as now DFS
> replication replace FRS (it's available since w2k3r2).

I have captures here:

http://samba.org/~metze/ads/caps/dfs-r/
http://samba.org/~metze/ads/caps/frsrpc/

You may need this patches for wireshark
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/wireshark/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ws-metze-gssapi-20090928

Note: this is important
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/wireshark/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=07a293bd8b6a15a83d8af24b1daa1826773731e0

I have such a wrapper for starting wireshark
~/bin/mxwrap.wireshark.krb5
#!/bin/sh

#export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/metze/prefix/mit-krb5-1-6/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_PRELOAD="/home/metze/devel/prefix/mit-krb5-1-6/lib/libk5crypto.so"
exec /home/metze/devel/prefix/wireshark/bin/wireshark $@