s4-drs: Issues with DsReplicaGetInfo() reply message

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Dec 7 01:55:23 MST 2009

Hi Erick,

 > My code is on the following repo, on the last commit:
 > http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/nascimento.git/blob/HEAD:/source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_drs_replica_info.c

I've been looking at your code, and I'm glad to see you've made a lot
of progress!

I think this code will make a very good basis for our tutorial
tomorrow if that's OK with you.

The key I think to you making more progress on this is to have a
client calling the DsgetReplicaInfo call that you can control. So what
we'll start by doing is adding a new smbtorture test which tests this
DRS call in a convenient fashion, then we'll get that torture test
working against windows.

Once that smbtorture test is working nicely against Windows then
you'll be in a better position to see what your server side
implementation is producing.

Cheers, Tridge