scannedonly vfs module ported to samba 3.5

Olivier Sessink oliviersessink at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 01:55:03 MST 2009

Volker Lendecke wrote:
[..]
> Cosmetic: Can you please switch your editor to 8-space tab
> indentation?

whoops. I did that, and then I continued development on another machine ;-)

> construct_full_path(): Is it really the case that we still
> get "./" as path components here? And, do they really hurt
> at this level?

it is used to construct full path names to send to the anti-virus
scanner over the socket. I guess the scanner should be able to deal
with /./ in a path.

is vfs_GetWd() return a path that ends on a / or is that not guaranteed?

[..]
> connect_to_scanner: We have the routine open_socket_out() in
> lib/util_sock.c that does pretty much what you do here.

from the API I do not see how I can make it open a unix domain socket?

[..]
> Now for two real concerns I have, first a simple one:
>
> scannedonly_allow_access: There's a
>
>                 while (dire) {
>                 } while (dire) ;
>
> loop. Is that correct C?

I wonder why the compiler accepts this. Will fix asap.

[..]

> If my assumption about its purpose (use it at close time) is
> right, then you don't need the array at all: We have the
> fsp->fsp_name available in the vfs_close call that you might
> want to access.

ahh, that helps a lot indeed.

>> one thing: how does the samba team handle copyright? is all copyright
>> transferred to a foundation, or do individual contributers keep their
>> own copyright, or is there another way?
>
> You can keep your own copyright. Our only restriction is
> that it must be personal and not corporate.

and licence? curren module has GPL 2 or newer, any requirements on that
point?

Olivier