Centrify Samba 3.3.9 Patches

Sat Dec 5 08:32:15 MST 2009

Hi!

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:38:54PM +0100, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:
> I don't know if the Samba team is willing to make this configurable...

To make this panic was a very conscious decision. The
problem is that not to panic makes access to the Samba
shares pretty random, depending on the sorting order the DC
decides to use for the group list. What we could do instead
of panic is to refuse access with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED,
which is not really much better.

There also have been attempts (I think there's even a bug
report) to filter the group memberships when logging in.
That is the right way to deal with that problem. It's just
not done yet.

Volker