Is there anybody on the list that has Samba4 DRS working?

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Fri Dec 4 14:19:13 MST 2009

Since I'm also a SAMBA 4 developer but not working on DRS I can give you only a general suggestion: As far as I know it's still very experimental (please correct me those who are working on it if I'm wrong) - so it's in no case suitable for production systems yet. Maybe in some months or half a year we will have it pretty stable.

So if you *really* need more AD servers exactly *now* you probably still have to consider buying Windows Server - I'm sorry but I think it's the only viable solution.

I hope that also people working on DRS write some comment here - so we could collect the opinions.

Regards,
Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer