RFCs, Debian and Samba build dependencies

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Dec 1 12:21:10 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:34 -0800, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> anything that implements the rfc is going to use the rfc tables.
>
> samba4 can generate the files and remove the text files as part of import.
>
> I don't think 1) is viable since I'm don't think you can get hold of the authors, you can get hold of ietf trust that have the rights to the document.

We should just ignore Debian in this case.

They cornered themselves with this bizarre notions about free/non-free
documents that only they have, they should pay the price.

I don't think we uptsream need to subscribe to their views given nobody
else, not even the FSF subscribe to them.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce