Fedora DS Support

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 08:41:06 MDT 2009

Andres,

----- "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > 1. I need to make sure the master branch tests run with the "temporary"
> >    patch I submitted. This is to ensure that the code is good and I'm
> >    not wasting time troubleshooting the test script while the problem
> >    could lie somewhere else. Currently I'm having a problem compiling
> >    the code, it's complaining about missing a header file. I need to
> >    investigate whether this is a code or environment issue.
>
> What errors do you get?  Sometimes an extra 'make' or 'make idl_full'
> helps.

It turns out there's something wrong with my VM. The errors that I got was
inconsistent from one run to another. After switching to another VM I was
able to compile the master branch and run the test.

> > 3. In #2 above I might just move the system:anonymous and aci parameters
> >    inside the code, so at least it's no longer visible during provisioning.
>
> That may be easier.  Uncomment the 'aci' in setup/schema_samba4.ldif and
> add the ACI manually to provision_basedn_add.ldif,
> provision_configuration_add.ldif and provision_schema_add.ldif

I was able to complete the test with these changes, thanks. Attached is the
result. There are more errors compared to the alpha7 test result.

> >    In #3 I will add the SASL authentication. I might send another
> >    patch here.

> Good.  One particular task will be to figure out how to add a SASL user
> into Fedora DS. (We add them to OpenLDAP using it's LDIF backend and
> manually constructed LDIF).

I'll be working on this now. I'll let you know the progress.

--
Endi S. Dewata