Regression in new wb_lookupname path

Mon Aug 24 08:52:43 MDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 09:14:45PM -0700, Steven Danneman wrote:
> I've just started to look at the new winbindd asynchronous architecture.
> With only a little time looking, it feels much cleaner and more regular.

... and at least to me it starts to be real fun. getpwent is
mostly done, but before I do getgrent I will probably
completely re-work winbindd_cache.c. All this manual
marshalling with centry is not necessary anymore, we have
automatic marshalling. What I'd like to do is to have the
NDR marshalled parent->child request as the key into
winbindd_cache, and the child->parent response as the data.
All the cacheable requests are idempotent module the
sequence number, so this way we can get rid of all the
hand-marshalling in winbindd_cache.c easily.

> I think I may have found a regression specific to the wb_lookupname_*
> path.  In hunting down a separate bug involving tree-root trusts, I
> noticed that the wb_lookupname_recv path functions differently from the
> old winbindd_async.c:lookupname_recv() path.

Should be fixed now, thanks!

Volker