upgrade provision script TP1

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 24 02:08:55 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 01:45 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello andrew,
>
> I've been pushing quite hard on this upgrade script.
>
> So far it only upgrades the schema but most is already in to do upgrade
> for the whole sam.ldb (schema, users,configuration).
>
> I'd like that anyone interested throw an eye on it, of course it is a
> bit rough but it's more or less like this that I think my script will be.

The big loop where you try to figure out the difference between the two
entries could probably be reworked - perhaps if a binding for
ldb_msg_diff() was added, and then you just worked on the output of
that?

This would give you a 'modify' message with the changes made as required
to get between the old object and the new one.  It should even work for
the schema stuff...

(This could then tell it not to change objectGUID/parentGUID for
example)

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.