Unable to map attributeID

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 23 06:32:47 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 15:42 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> in my tries to create an script to upgrade provision I am a blocked when
> I try to create missing attributes in the schema.ldb:
>
> schema_fsmo_add: failed to map attributeID[1.2.840.113556.1.4.767-FP]:
> WERR_INVALID_PARAM

In the C code that generates that message, replace all instances of
printf("%s", foo->data) with printf("%*.s", foo->length, foo->data)

Then find all the instances where we do something like:

char *foo_str = foo->data

and replace with

char *foo_str talloc_strndup(ctx, foo->data, foo->length)

(or any other similar construction to ensure we respect the length of
the input).

The python bindings now take the LDB interface at their word, and only
supply the length-limited string, without a NULL terminator.  As such,
we are not finding bugs in all the code that assumed that there is
always a NULL terminator at the end of a ->data in a struct ldb_val.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.