Samba to maintain Kerberos library configuration

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Fri Aug 21 04:34:33 MDT 2009

I am just thinking - with security = ads, Samba has enough information
to maintain (or at least to sketch) a working /etc/krb5.conf
configuration file for Kerberos.
Having Kerberos library configured properly, there is no point in
further maintaining pam_winbind, right?
Does it make any sense?

Note:
I do have a working configuration where samba maintains Kerberos keytab
and I use pam_krb5 instead - everything works nicely, the only
disadvantage is that I have to configure /etc/krb5.conf myself....

Thanks!
Ondrej