attribute modification: problem comming soon

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Tue Aug 18 02:54:47 MDT 2009

Hi Matthieu,
Well, this is certainly not a security (ACL) issue :). What kind of error do you get? Perhaps if we get a wireshark of your LDAP request we can see for ourselves.

Also, I am not sure I understand what you write about Windows behavior and why this is a problem. As far as I know, when you join a computer to a domain windows automatically assigns a SPN with two values HOST/netbiosName, and HOST/FQDN.com, and I read somewhere that it is not recommended to change then via LDAP.

So, what are you trying to achieve against windows, how do you do it and what does Samba 4 do?

Sorry if my questions are irrelevant to your problem...

Nadya