attribute modification: problem comming soon

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Tue Aug 18 02:38:48 MDT 2009

Hi andrew and nadezhda,

A couple of weeks ago I tweaked my S4 in tests to get rid of the
verification in kludge_acl.

I found that windows 2008 is willing to modify some of his attributes
and for at least one of them: servicePrincipalName it keeps modifying it
willing to put again and again the same values ie.

servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/smbtstvz01.smb4.tst
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/SMBTSTVZ01

Currently samba4 do not appreciate this and return an error maybe the
behavior should be modified to manage this behavior ?

Matthieu.