wbinfo --sequence???

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Sat Aug 15 14:09:04 MDT 2009

Hey Volker,

> When looking at the implementation of
> WINBINDD_SHOW_SEQUENCE inside the winbind parent, I get the
> impression that it walks all domains and explicitly asks the
> children. I would have to look, but I would bet a lot that
> that code is a lot older than 12 months. Can you point me at
> the piece of the code that reports this from the parent
> only?

I'm working from memory.  Please ask metze what he remembers.

>> Besides that, the change was over 12 months ago.  I'm afraid
>> if you need the patch reverted, I'll have to leave it in
>> your hands.
>
> You removed that functionality as part of a checkin doing
> something completely similar, at least from the checkin
> message. It is my fault to not having watched close enough,
> but I think it is not unreasonable to ask you to fix a
> regression you introduced.

Yeah it is unreasonable.  You really can't have your cake
and eat it to.  I fixed the last bug you asked me to out
of a sense of friendship and good will.  But I don't have
time to go a look at something from over a year ago.
I don't even have servers setup to test this for you.

cheers, jerry
http://www.plainjoe.org/