Group permission issues - looks like Samba is not getting them

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Fri Aug 14 13:16:14 MDT 2009

Pardon the top-posting, but Ron and I did an experiment with one of the
users, and id said that
- the user only had 4 groups
- none of them were NMCS\uploadwip group, gid 15007

The NMCS\uploadwip in AD isn't reaching the system, at least as far as
/usr/bin/id can tell, and as a result is being denied access to
files with group 15007.

Looks like a regression of some sort ...

--dave

id=6010(eftmanager) gid=3011(eftwrite)
groups=3011(eftwrite),3004(fileadmin),3007(idgwrite),3008(idgread)

NMCS\uploadwip
group gid 15007

(416) 223-8968