[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-970-gd6270df

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Aug 14 10:08:55 MDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 06:29:58AM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> What problem do you see in using a different EA so that DOSATTRIB is
> left unchanged ?

No problem so long as the different EA doesn't contain the same
data as is in DOSATTRIB (which is how the current code works).

> I am concerned about changing the format of an existing EA. While older
> samba code may cope with it we don't know if other people have made
> programs or scripts that expect this EA to have a specific format.

We've done this before (in updating the SD-EA). So long as
the first part is compatible then we're usually ok. I don't
know of anything else that reads or uses this EA.

Jeremy.