Fedora DS Support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 13 15:35:16 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 18:29 -0400, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Attached are the patch for the schema mapping and a modified version of
> mmr.pl that no longer relies on the deprecated nsslapd-instancedir
> attribute. Is mmr.pl going to be included in Samba distribution?

No, it should be included in Fedora DS.  I found it on the Fedora DS
site years ago.

> > > I have written the new procedure in an internal website, should
> > > I put it in Samba wiki page? If so I'd like to request a write
> > > access to the wiki page for user edewata.
> >
> > Please do, you now have access.
>
> Ok, thanks. I think I'll put the new docs in a separate page first, then
> after it's been reviewed we can replace the old docs.
>
> > > I'm not familiar with the automation for OpenLDAP setup, could
> > > you point me to the discussion/docs/code?
> >
> > See the long thread on this mailing list over the past few weeks:
> > 'extended provision-backend'
>
> > I'll also need a promise that you (or someone else in the Fedora DS
> > community) is willing to be the long-term maintainer of this code,
> > and
> > it's associated mapping modules.
>
> Let me read the tread before responding to this. The thing is I don't
> always follow the mailing list very closely, but if somebody would
> alert me (put my email in the 'to/cc' list) when I'm needed I think
> it's doable. Thanks.

It's more that you need to be running 'make test' with the FDS backend
regularly, and working to improve the automation of the solution.

If you take it on, then of course I'll try to give you a heads-up when I
need you to do work.

This current effort aside (because I think it is strategic to remove the
provision-backend script and the questions I get because this is not
automated), I'm hoping to leave the LDAP backend maintenance to others.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.