Removing (get|set)-auth-user from wbinfo

Wed Aug 12 11:00:41 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 03:43:09PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying to get wbinfo in samba3 and samba4 to use the same code.
> I've successfully eliminated all uses of lp_ functions. Those have a different
> API in S3 and S4 and also were a violation of abstraction layers.
>
> Now, in my quest to make wbinfo only use libwbclient functions I've stumbled
> over the --get-auth-user and --set-auth-user parameters. Those call into
> passdb/secrets.c to get/set "the authorised user for winbindd access",
> whatever that is used for.
>
> Is there any problem with me removing those?

No idea. I myself haven't used them for a while, and in
general I'd say that is a broken concept.

But you might probably better ask on samba at samba.org if
someone still needs them. If within, say, two weeks nobody
replies, maybe we could consider ditching them.

Volker