extended provision-backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 11 20:55:38 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 21:07 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> > On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 20:40 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> >

> >> i have tested and verified the new extensions several times under
> >> different conditions, and all is working stable and as expected.
> >>

> > Unfortunately the one test that really matters didn't work - I need
> > 'make test' (or at least 'make quicktest' to work with this command, or
> > similar:
> >
> oops - sorry about that. i focussed my work only on auto-slapd, not on
> make test,
> so i seem to miss that point somehow...
> > OPENLDAP_ROOT=/usr/local TEST_LDAP=yes make test
> >
> > I've changed the new --ol-slapd parameter to take the full path, and so
> > now we have:
> >
> > OPENLDAP_SLAPD=/usr/local/libexec/slapd TEST_LDAP=yes make test
> >
> > Attached is my attempt at this (but for some reason, I don't have a
> > working slapd to hand - I'll rebuild soon).
> >
> > I would still really like to see the provision and provision-backend
> > scripts integrated.  It really should be a matter of having a few extra
> > arguments to provision, and having provision() call provision_backend()
> > before it starts.
> >
> me too ;-)
> as you know, my time is limited at the moment. (hope thats no problem.)
> but i'll do my best, and try to finish full integration asap.

I've started looking at this, and you are right, it's harder than it
looks - particularly to do efficiently.  I'll get something going in the
next day or so.

Thank you so much for your efforts.  And to return the favour, I'll be
sure to send you the patches I develop for your feedback and testing!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.