extended provision-backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 10 06:08:48 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 20:40 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:

> i have tested and verified the new extensions several times under
> different conditions, and all is working stable and as expected.

Unfortunately the one test that really matters didn't work - I need
'make test' (or at least 'make quicktest' to work with this command, or
similar:

OPENLDAP_ROOT=/usr/local TEST_LDAP=yes make test

I've changed the new --ol-slapd parameter to take the full path, and so
now we have:

OPENLDAP_SLAPD=/usr/local/libexec/slapd TEST_LDAP=yes make test

Attached is my attempt at this (but for some reason, I don't have a
working slapd to hand - I'll rebuild soon).

I would still really like to see the provision and provision-backend
scripts integrated.  It really should be a matter of having a few extra
arguments to provision, and having provision() call provision_backend()
before it starts.

Anyway, if you can test these patches, I would appreciate it.  If that
passes, then I or mdw can push them.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.