extended provision-backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 6 17:35:33 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 01:09 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:

> >> what about a simple bind via python-ldap to the socket?
> >> that should do it too.
> >> tested ist, seems ok.
> >>

> > That would work.  However I would prefer to use the ldb bindings if
> > possible.  See the Ldb module.
> >
> > (not that I think using python-ldap would be a big extra burden in terms
> > of dependences, but because it means a future maintainer of the script
> > would not have to learn another module and pattern).
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >
> hi andrew,
> here is the second (and hopefully...) final edition.

Good, but don't go around killing processes until you have confirmed
that it's actually listening on the port.  (The pid file could be left
around, and another process could have that pid)

I would really prefer not to do the kill at all - perhaps just print out
what PID we think is still listening there.  That is: do the ldap search
test first.

Also, if you could try and use the Ldb module, it would be more
consistent (error handling etc) with the rest of Samba.

Thanks!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.