S3/S4 heads up for bug 6617

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Thu Aug 6 16:49:52 MDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm pretty sure that somewhere between september 2008 and now a
regression has been instroduced into wbinfo for s4.
In september 2008 wbinfo was pointing to a wrong path for the winbind
pipe at this moment andrew b. did something see
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2008-September/061266.html

Today while playing with s4 I saw this problem one more time.

I could propose a patch to do something like this:

add to nsswitch/config.mk

$(nsswitchsrcdir)/wb_common.o:
CFLAGS+=-DWINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR=\"$(winbindd_socket_dir)\" \

And I guess it should work for s4 but as s3 do not define the
winbindd_socket_dir it will lead to something not good.

My question : how can we solve this problem ? add this variable also in
the configure of s3 ? add prama (if so which one(s) ?

Matthieu.