Samba 4 - Alpha 8 / OpenLDAP missing schema attributes

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Tue Aug 4 15:47:26 MDT 2009

Hello,
I just setup Samba 4, alpha 8, with OpenLDAP to use replication.  However, after setting up everything,
I started importing my POSIX users and groups but there are no "uidNumber" or "gidNumber" attributes like
there are with using Samba 4's POSIX schema backend.  *PLEASE* tell me I am missing something here.  Meaning,
are these attributes missing on purpose or did I miss a setup down the line?  Samba and OpenLDAP are
working together fine, I can join to the domain, etc., etc.  I just need these POSIX attributes that exist
within the Samba 4/non OpenLDAP method.

Thanks!

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.