extended provision-backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 3 17:17:27 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 00:42 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> > On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 23:51 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> >
> >> hi andrew,
> >>
> >> i have implemented and tested some of the new features:
> >> - added slapd-path -parameter to provision backend
> >> - added your patches
> >> - check if another instance of slapd is running during
> >> provision-backend, if yes, exit with error-message
> >> - auto start slapd after provision-backend has finished without errors
> >> (ldapi only) and noother slapd is running

The next step after this (perhaps as a later effort) is to integrate the
provision-backend script into provision, so it is optionally called (but
can still be run as provision-backend) and the slapd shut down again.

The one thing we want to be careful about is not to leave the slapd
running after we finish the provision script.  (in particular, so make
test does not leave around slapd children).

> one second before i recieved your mail i focussed on
> secrets_sasl_ldap.ldif. ;-)
> that was it.  thank you.
> and sorry that it lasts so long, but my last weeks have been very busy.

No worries.  I've got plenty of other things I need to work on, so what
I really appreciate is you taking this area on.

> the complete patches should be finished at the end of this week.

Great!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.