late introduction

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Apr 30 21:54:02 GMT 2009

Hi Ahmed,

Ahmed Abdallah wrote:
> Regarding the SOC, I know that it's intended for students only, does that
> mean the contribution from a non student on any of your SOC projects is not
> allowed ?

Significant contributions by others to the specific projects students
are working is not allowed until after the SoC is over - the idea being
that the student should do the work on the project himself/herself
rather than having somebody else do it for them. Of course, that doesn't
mean it's not allowed for you to work on any of the same features that
SoC students are working on, it just means that they won't be able to
use your code.

There's plenty of other interesting projects around Samba though that
you could work on without overlap with any of the SoC projects.

This is at least what I remember from previous years. Kai, is that still
right?

Cheers,

Jelmer