Wireshark enhancement proposal for LDAP dissector

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Sat Apr 18 10:54:23 GMT 2009

Dear samba team,

I came up with the idea to make an enhancement to the LDAP dissector so
that it dumps a Net::LDAP script (or the equivalent in python if it's
more interesting) that will allow to replay the request to another server.
This could be useful for checking that a samba4 server is behaving as a
windows 2003 or 2008 server when you have a well know and non trivial
traffic.

I clearly had the need for the IIFP contact exchange with my samba4
setup, but could it be useful to someone else ?
I'm asking this because this kind of enhancement means quite a lot of
work so if it's only useful for me I am not sure I'll do it. If I
clearly know that it will be useful for samba4 project then it worth
putting time on it ...

Your comments ?

Matthieu.