ncacn_np NETLOGON with workstation trust account ok?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:44:32 GMT 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know of an issue with authenticating an SMB named pipe
using a workstation trust account? I have someone who is getting the
following error during the NTLMSSP session setup:

  0xC0000199 STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT "The account
used is a Computer Account. Use your global user account or local user
account to access this server."

My code is just some Java that is basically does what winbind does
(last I checked winbind also used ncacn_np as opposed to ncacn_ip_tcp)
so I'm wondering if you guys have ever seen this issue with winbind?

I have tested this with many other people without ever seeing this
error so I'm somewhat perplexed as to what the problem could be.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike