ACL implementation first draft

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Tue Apr 7 09:57:01 GMT 2009

Hi Metze,
Thank you so much for your feedback!
After reading the MS docs I got the impression that the security descriptors are NOT actually different, only the security masks' flags may mean different things (MS-SECO). I may of course be wrong. I also verified the algorithm of the sec_access_check against the algorithm described in MS-DTYP and it seemed identical except the object-specific checks, which is hadled in a separate function and ignored if no object tree is provided. Of course we can always duplicate the code and use a separate security check for AD, but it seemed against the MS architecture somehow...

Regards,
Nadezhda Ivanova