Reconciling DEBUG in Samba 3 and Samba 4: Debug classes?

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Thu Sep 25 22:43:08 GMT 2008

dropping the debug classes would be OK if we had a consistent set
of rules for which debug level to use for various type messages.
currently we tend to just have to set it to level 10 so we get
everything. It might be nice to even define the debug level to be
a bitmask so we could turn on only function entry debug statements,
or only some other thing of interest without getting everything else.