schema.ldb excessive size in samba4?

Sean O'Malley omalleys at msu.edu
Mon Sep 22 12:14:40 GMT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > At this point schema.ldb has 3866 records ans is ~ 10MB.

I don't know about ldb but the default for bdb and openldap is 10MB.
It chunks out a 10MB file, then starts adding records to it until it
fills up. Then chunks out another 10MB block. This looks more like the
case then the actual records taking up 10MB. You should be able to lower
this in in the defaults and passing the number to the ldb filesystem when
it is initialized. I dont know if it works -after- you initialize it.
It might have to be dumped then reloaded.