Samba 3.2.4 ./configure and make Error

Gason Gregor gregor at nosc.mil
Fri Sep 19 12:56:24 GMT 2008

Hello,

                I received this error during the configuration of Samba
3.2.4 using the -with-dnsupdate -with-automount -enable-socket-wrapper
options.

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:       check for missing prerequisite
headers?

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: see the Autoconf documentation

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:       section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: Proceeding with the preprocessor's result

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence

configure: WARNING:   ##
----------------------------------------------------  ##

configure: WARNING:   ## Report this to samba-technical at samba.org ##

configure: WARNING:   ##
----------------------------------------------------  ##

I've also been receiving the following errors using make

Compiling filename

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 232: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2147483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 235: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2147483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 238: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2147483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 242: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2147483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/wksscv.h", line 10: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/samr.h", line 633: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/nbt.h", line 496: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/netlogon.h", line 204: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/netlogon.h", line 206: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/libnet_join.h", line 10: warning useless declaration

I'm running Solaris 10 and using Sun Studio 12 as my compiler.  I've tried
setting the INT_MAX manually (using #define INT_MAX 2147483647) and it still
returns the same error.  I've checked my limits.h and I was unable to find
any reference to INT_MAX or the UINT_MAX.  I am new to compiling and I am
unaware of where to go with this error.  Any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Gason Gregor