current ctdb and samba-ctdb repos

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Thu Sep 18 18:07:08 GMT 2008

Jim McDonough wrote:
> I was wondering specifically where I should get current ctdb (I had
> been using Ronnies because it was more recently updated...1.0.56)

Yep. That is the official repo from which the rpms are built.

> and samba-ctdb code.  I don't want to use v3-devel/master because I'd like
> something a little more stable.  I see that some code is in
> v3-2-xxxxx, but I'm not sure how complete that is.

The "official" v3-2-ctdb branch of samba is maintained in
the repository git://git.samba.org/obnox/samba-ctdb.git

That branch is v3-2-stable + patches from v3-devel|master
and a couple of specific patches.

Most of the ctdb-specific stuff that is in v3-2-ctdb has been
picked to master by now, except for a few very special patches.
So you should be able to start testing with master, too.
But of course, v3-2-stable should be more stable.

The ctdb support in v3-2-stable is still limited.
You should use v3-2-ctdb or master.

> The wiki and ctdb.samba.org page are currently a bit ambigious about this...

Oh, right. There is a need for improvement...

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9