schema.ldb excessive size in samba4?

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Tue Sep 16 20:29:36 GMT 2008

Hi List,

I've been working on openchange server provisioning and have imported
the whole Exchange 2003 schema - classes and attributes (~ 850kb) +
added some missing classes from MS-ADSC - into Samba4 schema.ldb. It
gives the results below:

Step 1: Samba4 provisioning:
============================
        #./setup/provision --domain=openchange --realm=openchange.local
        --adminpass=secretpass --server-role='domain controller'

At this point schema.ldb has 3866 records ans is ~ 10MB.

Step 2: OpenChange provisioning:
================================
        #./setup/openchange_provision

After a few minutes, schema.ldb has 11391 records and its size is ~
853MB.

FYI, the "big" schema file in openchange is ~ 25700 lines of ldif.

Does this schema.ldb size looks like a reasonable size we should expect
given the number of records or did I do something wrong?

The material used to reproduce this test is available into openchange
trunk:

Samba4: 4.0.0alpha6-GIT-db2acaf

$ svn co https://svn.openchange.org/openchange/trunk openchange
$ cd openchange
# ./setup/openchange_provision

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Manager

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79