Samba3 / Samba4 merge (Re: Technical details of the branch merging)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Sep 12 15:12:51 GMT 2008

Kai Blin schrieb:
> As I threatened in my "[RFC] Suggested "combined tree" for easier development
> and Franky integration.", here's the technical details of the branch merging.

I would like do the final conversion on Monday morning german time,
if nobody complains.

I've created a master branch of the updated s3-rename / s4-rename branches:

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=s3-rename
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=s4-rename
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=master-merge

I plan to reject push access to v3-devel and v4-0-test,
then update s3-rename and s4-rename and finally redo the merge
and push the result as 'master' branch to our main
git.samba.org/samba.git repository.

Then I'll update the build-farm to build samba_4_0_test and
samba_3_X_test both from the new master branch.

Comments please!

metze