[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-2-test updated - release-3-2-0pre2-2797-g5f41913

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 22:48:23 GMT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:37:42PM +0100, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
>> Problem is I don't understand what you're requesting I do.
>
> Hence my recomendation to use a gss-api library that does all this work
> already.

Love, this is spectacularly unhelpful, as I'm sure you appreciate.
When we started writing this code there were no working gssapi
libraries that did what we needed to do, hence the raw krb5
api approach.

In future such a change would be nice and I'd like to get
there, but it's not going to happen in a two week time period
to fix a showstopper bug. So I'm either going to have to fix
this using the existing code, or rip out and replace with
the non forwarding previous case.

> User request to forward an ticket w/o forwardable flag set.

Thanks for your help. Now, I have the old working code so
what I'd like to know is if there is a quick way I can use
krb5_fwd_tgt_creds() as a boolean to determine if it's
going to work *before* I screw with krb5_auth_con_setuseruserkey()
and krb5_auth_con_setflags() which may affect the call
to krb5_mk_req_extended().

Or I'll just read the MIT source, that's what I usually
have to do :-(.

Jeremy.