Suggested "combined tree" conditions for success

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 08:08:59 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 11:03 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:25:20AM +0000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > That Python and Perl be an acceptable languages for implementation of
> > Samba infrastructure (build/test system etc) and installed scripts.
>
> Well, we do have very different expectations on this one.
>
> If merging trees makes Samba3 in the future require python
> and perl to run, this will be problematic from my point of
> view.

I certainly think they need to be available to build and install, and I
think python at runtime is a reasonable requirement.

Otherwise, by having differing rules on what is acceptable between the
(former) branches, we start setting back up the barriers that this move
is designed to break down.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.