[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-0-test updated - release-3-0-32-11-g0b39c04

simo simo at samba.org
Thu Sep 4 18:10:11 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:56 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:37:40AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
> > I don't think it's a big problem else we'd see many
> > more corrupted tdb's than we do, so your thoughts on
> > the matter would be most appreciated.
>
> Having said that, look at this report on Darwin....
>
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-development/2003/Mar/msg00034.html
>
> Probably a bug, but it does seem unclear all round.
> We need some test results to benchmark this. I'll
> bug Simo to do some (and do some myself :-) :-).

That was one of the threads I found when looking around before posting
the patch. To be honest I got the impression that most affected systems
were *BSD based, but you don't know about other more proprietary unixes,
usually they get a lot less exposure, so others maybe affected as well.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <simo at redhat.com>