How does Samba support ACL and Xattr

lipson kevin.lisong at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:55:21 GMT 2008

Hi all,

       I was wondering how does samba support ACL and xattr. Is there any
particular parameter needed in shared configuration of smb.conf ?  Or any
parameter needed on Linux mount point ?

      What I expected is that I setup a samba server remotely. And then I
tried to mount the remote shared directory on Linux agent. Finally the xattr
and ACL related operations are supported on mount point.

      Anybody has an idea ?  A detailed illustration would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
Lipson