Single Sign On solution

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 23 22:50:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 09:15 -0400, Sean O'Malley wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Laurie Zimmerman wrote:
> > I have a client that has 5 RHEL5 servers running Samba 3.028, one Windows
> > 2003 Server R2 in a workgroup and a mixture of Windows and Mac clients.
> > Currently they have no directory structure in place.  I am wondering about
> > solution for SSO.  I am considering implementing AD and joining each of the
> > SAMBA servers to the domain but am not sure if an openLDAP solution would
> > make more sense.  Any insights very much appreciated!
>
> You -can- run pgina on the windows clients with the ldap plugin, and set
> up the corresponding schema's for MacOSX and other unix clients.

Or you can setup a Samba3 domain, possibly with a Heimdal KDC.

I was recently pointed at http://zivios.org/ which looks very
interesting (I have never run it however).

Also in this space is FreeIPA, but it does not have Samba integration
yet.  And there are plenty of 'Samba and LDAP recipies' on the net, and
in our docs.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.