Different parameters in Samba 3 and Samba 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 21 23:10:38 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 15:10 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> I had a look at what parameters are only present in Samba 3 and not
> Samba 4 and the other way around.
>
> Here is the list - lines with - are what's in Samba 3, + is what's in
> Samba 4.

> +	client use spnego principal = No

This is the option that I discussed a couple of months ago, but failed
to get a chance to implement for Samba3.  Setting this to 'no' in Samba4
avoids a class of kerberos man-in-the-middle attacks, and I need to work
with folks to implement this in Samba3.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.