Samba 4 best file system suit with?

David Disseldorp ddiss at sgi.com
Fri Oct 10 06:06:06 GMT 2008

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 03:46:49 +0000 (GMT)
ogy_hpower <ogy_hpower at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> While testing the system, i'm facing problem xfs. Maybe this out of the lists; but really need your advice.
>
> I'm sharing xfs using samba; the prblm is ;it's become very slow after i create a snapshot. This problem occurred during creating new files like i copy 2 or 3 gb files dump to the xfs directory. but for browsing directory it doesn't have pblm. So based on experienced; what should you advice me? since i'm using snapshot for the shadow copy.

How is your snapshot being taken?

Freezing with xfs_freeze -f or XFS_IOC_FREEZE, results in all dirty data,
metadata, and log information being written to disk. This can take some
time depending on FS activity.

Processes attempting to write to the filesystem while frozen will block,
until the filesystem is unfrozen (xfs_freeze -u or XFS_IOC_THAW).

Cheers, Dave