Seeking help getting arguments to include 3.2.4 in the upcoming
bubulle at debian.org
Wed Oct 8 05:18:25 GMT 2008
I'm trying to gather together enough arguments to convince the Debian
release team that it would be good to have 3.2.4 in Debian lenny
rather than 3.2.3...
You'll find below the message I came up with as of now, but having a
few "important" things that are fixed in that release to be put as
good example (as I did for #5761) would be good.... Would you have any
======================= cut here =============================
The samba packaging team has a ready package for samba 3.2.4
This new upstream version is a mostly a bug-fix-only version, just
like all versions in 3.2.* series. Upstream is now focusing on 3.3
releases, which are due out in November.
At least, it is fixing an important bug report we received since 3.2.0
entered unstable: #499419 (listing files with colon in their name,
upstream bug 5761)
All other bugs are bug fixes pushed by upstream as part of the ageing
and increasing feedback for the 3.2 series.
The changelog for this release is fairly long:
o Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
* BUG 5590: Fix binary stripping on older OS.
* BUG 5492: Fix RHEL SPEC file by removing libmsrpc stuff.
* BUG 5507: Fix several issues in the RHEL SPEC file.
* Fix linking of cifs.upcall when nscd_flush_cache() is found.
o Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
* BUG 5052: Allow inheritable permissions.
* BUG 5697: Fix spinning of nmbd in reload_interfaces when only loopback
has an IPv4 address.
* BUG 5698: Fix non guest connections to shares when "security = share"
* BUG 5729: Explicitly allow "-valid".
* BUG 5745: Fix Kerberos authentication with (lib)smbclient.
* BUG 5751: Fix showing of ACLs on DFS in (lib)smbclient.
* BUG 5761: Fix opening of mangled directory name (resulted
'is a stream name').
* Fix the wcache_invalidate_samlogon calls.
* Add st_birthtime and friends for accurate create times on *BSD and MacOSX.
* Clarify usage of "force create mode".
* Write times code update.
o Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org>
* Fix Winbind crash.
* idmap_ad: Fix a segfault when calling nss_get_info() with a NULL ads
o Steven Danneman <steven.danneman at isilon.com>
* Fix build warnings.
* Cleanup of DC enumeration in get_dcs().
o Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
* BUG 5710: Fix changing of machine account passwords.
* Fix several build warnings.
* Fix invalid sid copy (hit when enumerating sibling domains) in Winbind.
o James Ding <ding_cc at hotmail.com>
* BUG 5736: Fix Winbind crash bug with trusted domains.
o Ephi Dror <Ephi.Dror at datadomain.com>
* Correct the netsamlogon_clear_cached_user function.
o Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>
* Fix handling of MSKRB5 OID in cifs.upcall.
* Fix build warnings in cifs.upcall.
* Change default install location of cifs.upcall to EPREFIX/sbin.
* Enable building of cifs.upcall by default on Linux.
o Volker Lendecke <vl at sernet.de>
* BUG 5707: Do proper error handling if the socket is closed.
* Fix calculation of useable_space for trans2 and nttrans replies.
* Fix Coverity ID 587.
* Add mapping of generic bits when setting an NFSv4 ACL.
o Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
* Some write time fixes.
o David Leonard <David.Leonard at quest.com>
* BUG 4516: No IPv6 on Solaris 2.6.
o Simo Sorce <idra at samba.org>
* BUG 5571: Fix group memeberships in Winbind.
o Timur <timur at FreeBSD.org>
* Fix cut and paste error in quota code.
* Fix display of POSIX ACLs.
* Fix aio on FreeBSD.
o Andrew Tridgell <tridge at samba.org>
* Avoid a race condition in glibc between AIO and setresuid().
* Add missing become root for AIO operations.
* Fix logic of tsmsm_sendfile().
* Fix an errno handling bug that could lead to an infinite loop.
* Fix handling of arbitrary new PAC types.
o Qiao Yang <geoyang at ironport.com>
* Fix a memleak.
Pkg-samba-maint mailing list
Pkg-samba-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the samba-technical